Congratulations to my friend [Greg Pierce->], who launched Tweeku today, a super-nifty iPhone app he wrote for composing Twitter messages and other short-form texts (including haiku)! I’ve been testing it off and on for a few weeks, and am really impressed with what he’s done with it. Here’s the company line:
Tweeku is a twitter writing tool. Do you tweet Haiku? Short-form poetry? Or just care about improving the quality of your status updates? Then Tweeku is for you!
Tweeku is not a traditional Twitter client. It does not download your tweet stream, or show you trending topics. Tweeku lets you focus on writing. Store unlimited drafts, and tweak them until you are ready to post.
Go beyond character counts! Tweeku analyzes your text, counting lines, syllables, mentions and hashtags — and provides easy two-click Thesaurus lookup and word substitution.
- Write notes, save drafts, online or offline. Publish later when you are ready.
- Not just character counts but line, syllable, mention and hashtag counts.
- Easy Thesaurus lookup and word substitution.
- Multiple accounts, publish to multiple twitter accounts.
- Connects with Twitter OAuth, no need to store your password in the App.
- Email your drafts.
- Send drafts to Tweetie.